Friday, May 6, 2011

3rd wheel wobble.

Yeah this isn't long after my previous post, but I'm just getting stuff out I guess.

Something that's been bothering me (yeah there seems to be a lot of stuff bothering me as well)... because when you get up into your 30's, even late 20's I suppose, your friends are typically all paired up and starting their families.

Who do you hangout with? talk to? cause trouble with? laugh with? Being a 3rd wheel is okay some of the time, but you don't want to be constantly on the outside... groups of friends get together and you're the only single one or they feel awkward inviting the one single, so they don't or forget.

How do you rebuild a social life when you're 36 & single again in a blue collar town? How do you meet others when alcohol isn't a main source of your entertainment? Do you Plenty of Fish it? Do you look for singles groups? How do you maintain some dignity when looking for new friends, when you've had the rug pulled out? I'm not a stereotypical guy, don't watch sports, rarely fish, don't care to play baseball, basketball, hockey... surfing, skateboarding, rollerblading, playing music, art, style, design and cooking are more my speed.

I suspect in TO there'd be many more options with the increase in cultural atmosphere and just plain more people, but this city feels just so confining sometimes. Until things get settled out family wise and financially I'm stuck here and without cash... it's all going to pay the mortgage of the house I no longer live in and support the kidlette's and someday Ex.

The Ex. says I'm always welcome to come back, but even the short time I'm with her tucking the kids into bed she finds ways to emotionally wreck me for the rest of the night.

So for now it's 3rd wheel and the web I guess.

"I will survive in my mach5" (okay I don't have a mach5, but it's still a fun song)

No comments:

Post a Comment